This discreet and self-contained island is one of the most enchanting places to stay in Paris. It is delightfully unspoiled and has a mixture of handsome XVII century architecture, modern boutiques, narrow streets and magnificent views from its tree-lined quays.
Many of the houses on this prime location, uninhabited until the XVII century, were built for the noble families on the quays of what was once called “Ile aux Vaches” (Island of Cows). It sits directly behind the Ile de la Cite, a mere stone’s throw away from Notre Dame. Running lengthwise along the island is the main street, Rue de Saint Louis en l’Ile. It boasts a baroque church, refined boutiques, old fashioned bistros and brasseries, delicate chocolate and ice-cream shops, a florist, bakeries, a wonderful cheese shop and many pretty teahouses. The island has a village feel about it and after staying in it a day or two, you will be enamoured.
Many of the most important and attractive sights are located nearby. The Pompidou Centre, the Louvre Museum, the Tulleries Gardens, Champs Elysees, the Sainte Chapelle, the Latin Quarter, the Bastille and the Marais are either within walking distance or can be easily reached by taking the metro line #1 on the nearby “St Paul” station.
Situated on the quiet end of the street that runs the length of the Ile Saint Louis, this renovated luxury grand studio is located in the first French floor of a typical XVII century building.
- Upon turning the keys and entering in your cosy home you will be gladly surprised by the view, the inside light and the proportions of the space. The ancient stone wall with its exposed seventeen century wooden beams will be the first thing to capture your sight. Indeed, a magnificent frame for the up-front view of the baroque church’s main façade, also in stone and with its immense glass windows.
- Fully lighted from the south, sunshine bathes the apartment through two double floor to ceiling windows beautifully decorated with heavy silk blue and gold curtains.
- The stylish living-dining room with its 4-meter-high ceiling tastefully mixes ancient refinement with modern comfort. The Louis XV (Mme Pompadour) marble mantelpiece and the Louis Philippe large round wooden dining table, set the tone. You are invited to dine by candlelight. The cosy leather sofa-bed (for extra guests) and the desk will support your leisure.
- The living room sits on ancient terracotta tiles over which oriental carpets are displayed.
- The colours depicted in the curtains, carpets and painted walls play in various rich hues of gold, blues and earthly reds giving and overall feeling of warmth and comfort.
- Once in the living room you will perceive the romantic reddish colours of the sleeping room displayed on a gorgeous wooden open mezzanine adorned by a French cast-iron balustrade. From the King-size bed you will feel the fullness and brightness of the apartment while enjoying the view of the baroque church. A large French closet and a drawer will keep your belongings. You will be charmed by the coquette cabinet de toilette with washbasin and WC, annexed for your convenience to the bedroom. This latter also displays a wall-to-wall mirror and beautiful “Carre” tiles.
- The generous kitchen with wooden floor developed under the mezzanine is adored with charming heraldry stone tiles and fully equipped with a fridge, oven, stove, microwave, tea and coffee makers, toaster, and a washer machine.
You will find ample storage space and full cutlery and crockery are provided. A cute iron round table with top terracotta craftsman work is set for your breakfasts. Subtly placed, a room divider depicting scenes from XVII century France shadows from the living room the view from the kitchen.
- The comfortable bathroom downstairs has a serene character, supported by wooden beams and floor, with walls covered in natural seashells and typical French lavender enamel tiles. A sanded worked mirror runs wall to wall playing with a glass brick wall. Modern und functional, it contains a bathtub shower, WC, a large washbasin and wooden furniture from the house of “Villeroy and Boch”.
- The entire apartment has a modern lighting system, which will delight you at night with its various lighting effects. The modern radiators warm die apartment with the sweetness of a central heating system.
- The apartment is equipped with free and unlimited WIFI access.
- Private telephone with open line and answering machine available.
- Color TV with cable offers all main international channels available (CNN, BBC…).
- A safe to store your valuable at your disposal.
- NOTE: Only residents are authorised to get inside the building. This is a non-smoking apartment. For sanitary and security reasons pets are not allowed.
- An English speaking member of our staff will greet you in our office, upon your arrival, during the week days from 10.30am until 6.30pm.
- An exhaustive list of services is offered through our personalized welcome guide with restaurants and cultural events list prepared especially for you, including the major exhibitions, the operas, concerts…
- A personalized concierge service to book in advance the best restaurants with specific privileged contacts, Opera and classical concert Tickets with secured reservations (only fort excellent top category seats), cabaret, theatre and exhibition tickets.
- A comprehensive service is maintained throughout your stay.
- A personalized airport transfer may be organized for your arrival and departure.
- Check in time: 2pm; Check out time: 11am.
- Bed linen, towels, welcome products designed by Guest Apartment Services Paris upon your arrival.
- Bed linen and towels are changed as stated in the rental terms.
- Dishes, glassware, cutlery and all kitchen essentials are provided.
- We sincerely invite you to visit the informative section “SERVICES & AMENITIES” on our website to discover all the services at your disposal for a quality stay.